Science and Social Studies "I Can" Statements
Earth and sky
- -I can describe long and short term weather.
- -I can explain that the moon, sun, and stars can be seen at different times of the day and night.
- -I can identify that the sun and moon are in different positions in the sky throughout the day/night.
- -I can recognize that the lit part of the moon changes throughout the month.
- -I can identify seasons and describe attributes.
- -I can list characteristics of living things.
- -I can describe how living things use body parts to seek resources.
- -I can describe how living things are different from non-living.
- -I can list physical traits of living things that help them survive in their environment.
- -I can sort objects by their property (color, size, texture, shape, and weight).
- -I can list objects/materials that vibrate to produce sound.
- -I can use chronological vocabulary correctly (long ago, today, tomorrow, etc.).
- -I can communicate personal history through stories and pictures.
- -I can discuss art, customs, traditions, family celebrations, and language.
- -I can recognize symbols and practices to the United States (flag, Pledge or Allegiance, National Anthem).
- -I can use direction, distance, symbols, and landmarks to describe the location of familiar places.
- -I can create maps and models of real places.
- -I can identify natural resources that are used in my daily life (food, water, shelter, clothing).
- -I can identify ways that individuals in the family, school, and community are unique in some ways and the same in some ways.
- -I can identify responsibilities at home, in the school and in the community and describe how individuals share those responsibilities to achieve common goals.
- -I can explain the purpose for rules at home and in the school and community.
- -I can explain how a decision an individual makes can impact others.
- -I can identify goods and services.